This article is generally for the student who is in class 10 or just gets passed. It’s not to mention that everyone is thinking about their future career. In other words, everyone is thinking about which courses to select after 10th that have high demand and excellent value in Indian markets.
How to select a career after 10 ?
Various types of courses available after 10th In India. But, the questions are which career is best, and how to select the best career after 10th?
Maximum student stuck in the same questions. My advice regarding selecting Career is to choose one in which you have an interest. Because class 10th is the game-changer, and it depends upon you how to play your career game.
Career options after the 10th.
There are three types of the career option which you pursue after 10th.
Now Let’s understand one by one what the above courses mean..?
Further education or higher education course after 10th
As the name suggests, Further education follows the conventional education system. Likewise, you can go for intermediate after 10th. i.e., completed your 12th and make carrier after 12th.
Comparatively, you have multiple options to choose the subject for 11th & 12th.
You have three subject streams option for 11th and 12th i.e.,
- Science stream in 11th and 12th.
- Commerce stream in 11th and 12th.
- Art & humanities stream in 11th and 12th.
Science stream in 11th and 12th
In class 11th & 12th, you have to study five subjects. However, among the five subjects, four subjects are fixed. Whereas, one subject comes under the optional categories. Among the different optional subjects, you have to choose one.
The compulsory subject for the science stream in 11th & 12th.
- PCME: Physics, chemistry, maths, English, optional subject. (For non-medical or engineering).
- PCBE: Physics, chemistry, biology, English, optional subject. (For medical or non-engineering).
The optional subject for the science stream in 11th and 12th.
- For PCME: Computer Science, Economics, Physical Education, Engineering Drawing, Fine Arts, Psychology, the local language (Hindi, Marathi, Gujarati, Punjabi, etc.)
- For PCBE: Psychology, Biotechnology, Mathematics, Economics, Home Science, Fine Arts, Physical Education, the local language (Hindi, Marathi, Gujarati, Punjabi, etc.)
Commerce stream in 11th and 12th.
Basically in Commerce stream, you are going to learn about the trade, business and finance. Likewise, science here also you have to study five subjects in 11th and 12th. However, among the five, four subjects are mandatory and one subject as an optional.
The compulsory subjects for commerce stream in 11th and 12th.
Accountancy, Business Studies, Economics, English, optional subject.
The Optional Subjects for commerce stream in 11th and 12th.
Informatics Practices, Mathematics, Physical Education, Legal Studies, Computer Science, Multimedia and Web Technology, Entrepreneurship, Psychology, Fine Arts, language subjects.
Art & humanities stream in 11th and 12th.
To clarify that Art and Humanities aspirants in class 11th and 12th can cover area related to Human society, relationship, culture and systems. Likewise, science and commerce you have five subject to study in 11th and 12th. However, among the five subjects, one is optional.
The compulsory subjects for art and humanities stream in 11th and 12th.
You can choose four subjects from the range of various subjects like Psychology, Geography, Sociology, History, Economics, Philosophy, Political Science, Social and Cultural Anthropology, Home Science, Global Politics, etc.
The optional subjects for art and humanities stream in 11th and 12th.
Computer Studies, Information Technology, Information & Communication Technology, Maths, Home Science, Legal Studies, Fine Arts, Physical Education, Media Studies.
Job oriented course after 10th.
Job oriented or job skill courses are the ones through which the aspirants can learn new job skills. Furthermore, the skills help them to get a job quickly. In general, after 10th different types of career-oriented courses are available. One can choose one course correspondingly to their interest. Job oriented courses are also known as vocational courses.
Generally, Vocational courses divided into two categories.
Diploma course after 10th.
The diploma course is the certificate or deed issued by an educational institute. However, the certificate testifies that the recipients have completed a particular course of study. Diploma courses mainly focused on theoretical rather than practical.
Some of the polytechnic diploma course after 10th.
Short term diploma courses after 10th (duration 6month-2year).
- Diploma in fashion designing.
- Diploma in Computer application.
- Certificate Programme in MS-Office
- Diploma in Financial account.
- Diploma in safety management.
- Certificate Course in Web Designing
- Diploma in Fireman training.
- Diploma in 2D and 3D Animation
- Certificate Course in Graphic Designing
- Diploma in Computer Applications
- Certificate Course in Programming Language (JAVA, C++, PHP, SQL)
- Certification Course in SEO ( search engine optimization)
- Diploma in cosmetology.
- Certificate course in ethical hacking.
- Certification in social media management.
- Diploma in banking.
- Diploma in Industrial safety.
- Diploma in computer hardware and networking.
- Pre-School Teacher Training
- Hotel Operations Course
Long term diploma course after 10th (up to 3 years).
- Diploma in Civil Engineering
- Diploma in Electrical Engineering
- Degree in Mechanical Engineering
- Degree in Electronics and Communication Engineering
- Diploma in Computer Engineering
- Degree in Garment Technology
- Diploma in Home Science
- Diploma in Agriculture
Medical diploma course after 10th
- Diploma in Rural health care
- Diploma in Nursing Assistance.
- Pathology lab Technician
- Diploma in Hospital assistance.
- Diploma in Paramedic nursing.
After completing the diploma course, one can directly take admission in B.tech 2nd year as a lateral entry.
ITI Courses after 10th.
Generally, in ITI or industrial training institute, the aspirant can learn about the technical and non-technical field. Through which the aspirant can quickly get a job in the particular chosen field.
Consequently, two types of ITI course can be pursued by aspirant after 10th.
- Technical or engineering field.
- Non-technical or non-engineering field.
ITI Technical field courses after 10th.
- Tool and die maker.
- Mechanic Radio and tv.
- Information technology and E.S.M
- Mechanic electronic.
- Welder (gas & electric)
- Mechanic agriculture.
- Mech. instrument.
- Pattern Maker
- Foundry Man
- Sheet metal worker
- Mechanic Tractor.
- Draught Man.
- Wire Man
- Diesel Mechanic
- Pump operator.
- Forger and heat treater.
- Plastic printing operator.
ITI non-technical field course after 10th.
- Computer Operator and Programming Assistant (COPA).
- Dress Making.
- Hair and Skin Care.
- Commercial art
- Leather goods maker
- Fruit and vegetable processing.
- Book Binder
- Stenography Hindi.
- Bleaching and dyeing calico print.
- Cutting and sewing.
- Stenography English.
- Manufacture foot Wear.
- Hand Compositor
- Embroidery & needle Worker.
- Waving and fencing fabric.
Job opportunity after 10th.
If you don’t want to study further after 10th and want to earn money. Then, of course, you can make money quickly after the 10th. Although the Government of India provide a lot of opportunity for the 10th passed student and one can choose a job in a different field.
List of government jobs in India after the 10th.
Government jobs in the police department after 10th.
- Civic Volunteers
- Armed Police
- Constable Men
- Subedar Major
- Constable Executive
- Coastal Wardens
- Police Constable KSISF
- Special Reserve Police Constable
Government job in SSC (staff selection commission) after 10th.
- Multitasking Staff
- Data entry Operators
- Lower Division Clerks
- Postal Assistants/Sorting Assistants
- Court Clerks
Government job in the Banking sector after 10th.
- Multipurpose staff
- Data entry operator
Government job in Defence after 10th.
- Engine Fitter
Some other state-level government jobs after 10th.
- Upper Division Clerks
- Jail constables
- Skilled tradesmen
- Forest guard
- Jail Warden.
- Assistant foreman
- Lower-division clerk
- Multi-tasking staff
Ultimately, here completed the discussion for the courses after the 10th. The final analysis, in my opinion, is that choose the career that best defines you. The better option is to go for either higher education or Intermediate. It’s not to mention that day by day education values were going up. Therefore, to get a high paid job or to join any reputed company, higher education plays an important role.
Did I miss anything?
Now I’d like to hear from you.
What career option from today post you are going to choose?
Or maybe I didn’t mention one of your favourite careers Option.
Either way, let me know by leaving a comment below right now.